Friday, May 6, 2011

Of COURSE there's already a recipe

This rule must have a number: "if you can think of it, it's already on line." Found this first time I looked. Since I don't like to use refined sugar, I tried this recipe with honey, but it really needs the intensity of sweetness that sugar offers. (The honey version was nasty.)

This is not a "sweet." It really is a breakfast-like cornbread. I had some with aronia jam; yum.

Chocolate cornbread
Adapted from a recipe on the Just a pinch website

1/3 cup cocoa powder
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup fine cornmeal
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 T baking powder

1 large egg
1/3 cup nut oil
2/3 cup yogurt
1/3 cup milk

Mix all dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl (I use a pyrex measuring pitcher) mix all wet ingredients together. Combine wet and dry until just mixed, and pour into a greased 8x8 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25-35 minutes or til center of bread springs back when light pressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment